You can purchase our short histories of Germany or France on Amazon Kindle, Apple Books, Google Books or Kobo for £7.99 / €9.99 / $9.99. This is history for the interested visitor and/or interested citizen: for those who want more than the too-short history sections in guidebooks, but less than a medium-length book (which most texts marketed as ‘short histories’ tend to be). The aim is something that can be read in three to four hours; a maximum of 60,000 words
We cover France, Germany, Belgium & Luxembourg, Prague & Vienna. Our double interest is in:
France, Germany & the Holy Roman Empire, from earliest times right through the story of the 20th century, from World War I to the Cold War.
The countries today, through their cities, their architecture and their lifestyles.
Our aim is to provide personal service, flexibility and enthusiasm! We aim to deliver professionally-guided tours, in a relaxed but authoritative style.
* We organise tours DIRECT with you – we have no public list of tours.
* We handle numbers from 2 to 10 – families, small groups of friends.
* We provide personal guiding, but also organise itineraries, book hotels and site entries, and find you a minibus company if your group is larger than 4 people.
* We step onboard your car / rental car *, or a minibus that we can arrange (but you pay direct to the company, in advance). NB: we do not organise travel to/from the tour start/finish point(s) - eg flights, trains.
* You pay our guiding & organising fee, and then pay as you go for your accommodation, meals and museum entries (and, if you need one, you pay for your minibus direct, in advance).
* (under normal circumstances, happy to drive if you can add us as an Additional Driver)
All text, maps & photos © Dr Thomson’s Tours Ltd.
Website design by Joseph Thomson
Last updated November 2023
Bethany, 37 The Crescent
Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7AW