Drawing on my experience as a private guide in putting ‘into a nutshell’ many and varied aspects of other countries’ histories, I have developed the concept of Just-Enough History© e-books. This is history for the interested visitor and/or interested citizen: for those who want more than the too-short history sections in guidebooks, but less than a medium-length book (which most texts marketed as ‘short histories’ tend to be). The aim is something that can be read in three to four hours; a maximum of 60,000 words.
Apple Books, Amazon Kindle, Google Books, or Kobo. £7.99 / €9.99 / $9.99
* Two- to three-sentence chapter summaries after each chapter title.
* Efficient use of chapter sub-headings to break the story down
* Highlighting in bold to help with skimming the pages when you want to find particular items again
* Quality present-day photos to illustrate the places involved in the story - whetting the appetite to travel there, to find out more.
* Specially commissioned colour maps - modern, clear
* Snappy Catch-up Summaries approximately one-third and two-thirds of the way through the book - leading at the end to an overall two-page summary history of the country in around 30 points
Out now: Germany, Just-Enough History©
Due in July: France, Just-Enough History©
All text, maps & photos © Dr Thomson’s Tours Ltd.
Website design by Joseph Thomson
Last updated May 2022
Bethany, 37 The Crescent
Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7AW